- CPC+ is a program to help incentivize medical care providers to practice preventive care for any type of patient. https://www.aafp.org/practice-management/transformation/cpc-plus.html
- ART2 is a program created by Dr. Glenn Kotz and Dr. Scott Hamon of Westminster Medical Clinic, to continue practice innovation above and beyond the standard quality improvement programs.
- PCORI (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute) We have been engaged with the patient-clinician-researcher conference project (patient engagement). https://www.pcori.org/
- Consulting services to other primary care practices on transformation and state of the art care delivery
- Presentations at statewide best practice conferences
- ACT (Advancing Care Together)
- ENSW (Evidence Now SouthWest) Cardiac Event Prevention Program
- Million Hearts: Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction Model
- SIM: State Innovation Model
Family Physician of the Year
It is always nice to be recognized. This does not change anything MVFP or I so differently daily. MVFP has always been and will continue to be an innovative practice striving to provide the best care we can. Many years ago I had a special opportunity to visit the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. I was invited to tour and interact with their innovation center and their healthy aging center. I learned that as recognized as the Mayo Clinic is for is Ext ordinary care their phrase is “we do a great job and we can do better”.
MVFP was recently awarded a federal government grant, a HRSA grant, that not generally not given to private practices. This grant is to organize a community approach to opiate use disorder. MVFP was one of two private practices awarded this grant out of 120 practices nationally. Creating a better practice system and a healthier community is our goal. COTS office is located across the street. In this office we discuss and formulate treatments and plans for the community.
“Beating the Odds : A Primary Care Success Story on True Integration.” Authored by: Swenson, Carolyn, Brie Reimann, Glenn Kotz, Alison Leifert, and Candice Talkington.
Presented at INEBRIA, Warsaw, Poland, September 2014.
Achievement of 2019
Dr. Kotz was awarded the Family Medicine Practitioner of the Year presented by the Colorado Academy of Family Physicians!